Sunday, March 21, 2010

Breaks my heart (or hers?)

My poor little angel.

My 5 year old daughter is REALLY lashing out. REALLY crying out for attention.

And I thought I was giving it to her.
But today, I had a reality check.
And I'm not giving her the right attention.

She needs to know that I love her.
I'm trying to do that AND raise her to be responsible for herself
(but focusing a little too much on the responsibility part).

This is such a hard thing for a parent.
There is such a fine line.

And then there's that wrench...
I feel abandoned, so I lash out.
She feels abandoned so she lashes out.
BUT, we haven't been abandoned.
It's all sooooo confusing and hard to explain or relate to anyone.


Pray for me?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete